How to open terminal in STM32CubeIDE (without install)?
1) Click on bottom arrow and choose Command Shell Console
2) Choose Serial Port connection type and press New:
3) Type any name, choose port number (you can check it in Device Manager (to open it press Win + R -> devmgmt.msc -> Enter), baud rate, data size, parity and stop bits, then press Finish:
4) After adding connection, choose it:
5) After successful connection you will see data:
You can use ordinary USB-COM converter (CP2102, CH340, PL2303...), but I prefer wireless Bluetooth-UART modules (JDY31, HC-05...). It makes possible remote logging, state monitoring and control your device without any wires.
In the above example you can see STM32 internal temperature sensor voltage and calculated temperature in Celsius degrees.